Welcome All-State Band Festival Participants, Parents and Band Directors!
Alabama Bandmasters Association District One is honored to host the 2019 All-State Festival on April 25-27 in Huntsville, Alabama. Below you will find helpful information, maps and links for the 2019 All-State Band event taking place at the Von Braun Center (VBC). We hope you will enjoy your visit in our beautiful area of Alabama.
- State Solo Competition (4/24/19)
- Chair Audition Information (4/25/19)
- Chair Audition Results
- Clinician Information
- Event updates via Twitter
Students should bring a wire stand, mutes, Advanced Rubank Method Book volume 1 (middle school woodwinds and brass only) and concert attire for the final concert. The timing for lunch on Friday may be difficult; therefore, the VBC is offering pre-orders for lunch. Students should contact their director concerning making these orders. Click on the menu to see what is available.
- 11:30am: Directors pickup badges at check-in table. Students pickup badges from directors.
- 1pm – 5pm: Chair Auditions (ask director for scheduled times)
- 6:30pm – 9:30pm: Rehearsal (Designated Location)
- 8:15am – 11:45am: Blue/MS Band Rehearsal
- 8:30am – 12:00pm: Red/White Band Rehearsal
- 1:15pm – 5:00pm: Blue/MS Band Rehearsal
- 1:30pm – 5:00pm: Red/White Band Rehearsal
- 8:30pm – 9:30pm: UAH Wind Ensemble Concert (VBC Concert Hall, free admission)
- 11:00pm: Curfew for all participants
- 8:00am – 8:45am: MS Rehearsal (Propst Arena)
- 8:45am – 9:30am: Blue Band Rehearsal (Propst Arena)
- 9:30am – 10:15am: White Band Rehearsal (Propst Arena)
- 10:15am – 11:00am: Red Band Rehearsal (Propst Arena)
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: All-State Band Festival Concert (Propst Arena)
Band Director Schedule
Band directors should check for the student chair audition schedule on abafest.com. The schedule is located in the “Documents/All-State files/” section.
- 11:30am – 2:00am: Pick up student badges at East Entrance First Baptist Church Huntsville (FBC Huntsville)
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm: Director’s Meeting (Chapel of FBC Huntsville)
- 1:00pm – 5:00pm: Chair Auditions
- 1:00pm – 7:00pm: Exhibits Open (VBC East Hall 2)
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm: Executive Board Meeting (VBC North Hall Salon 1B)
- 8:30am – 11:30am, 12:00pm – 5:30pm: Exhibits Open (VBC East Hall 2)
- 9:00am: ABA General Business Meeting (VBC North Hall Salon 3)
- 10:30am: ABA Roundtable with Executive Board (VBC North Hall Salon 3)
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Phi Beta Mu Luncheon (VBC North Hall Salon 1A)
- 1:30pm: Andy Nevala Jazz Reading Clinic (VBC North Hall Salon 3). Bring your instrument.
- 3:30pm – 4:30: MPA Adjudiators Committee Meeting (VBC North Hall Salon 3)
- 8:30pm – 9:30pm: University of Alabama in Huntsville Wind Ensemble Concert (VBC Concert Hall)
- 9:00am – 9:30am: ABA Executive Board Meeting (VBC North Hall Salon 3)
- 9:30am – 10:00am: ABA General Business Meeting (VBC North Hall Salon 3)
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: All-State Band Festival Concert (VBC Propst Arena)
UAH Wind Ensemble Performance
Some roads are closed the week of All-State due to the Panoply Arts Festival. Monroe Street is closed south of the VBC garage entrance and Williams Street is closed to Church Street. Both sides of the VBC garage will have entrances open.
Parking for VBC
Parking: The VBC has three main parking lots (P1, P2, P3). Parking in VBC lots is $10 per car per day unless otherwise noted. The City has two parking lots (P4, P5) listed that are close by. (Click on links below for google map directions.)
North Hall Parking Lot (P1) has convenient access to North Hall and Concert Hall.
South Hall Parking Garage (P2) is a covered parking garage providing protection from weather and access to all venues. Access to the South Hall Parking Garage is from Clinton Avenue, turn onto Pollard Street and follow signs.
Box office and Administrative Office Parking (P3) has convenient handicapped access to Concert Hall, East Hall and Arena events.
Monroe City Parking Garage (P4) is accessible from Clinton Street.
Former Meadow Gold Lot (P5) is accessible from Clinton Avenue.