Welcome directors and students. This page contains information concerning the 2019 District One All-State and Honor Band auditions held at Sparkman High School on January 25-26, 2019. The results will be posted as they are processed.
Note: Links below will not go live until January 25, 2019
- All students should check in at least 1 hour prior to their audition time and be at the audition room 15 minutes early. Students should monitor the progress of the audition rooms and be prepared to audition earlier than their scheduled time. A student’s time is only an ESTIMATE for when the audition will take place.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST DECLARE IF THEY ARE AUDITIONING FOR ALL-STATE AND/OR HONOR BAND AT THE REGISTRATION TABLE. (CLICK HERE to see the sign-in form)
- Registration will begin at 4pm on Friday and 8am on Saturday (no earlier). Middle School students, except percussion and string bass, are required to show the Advanced Rubank Book, Vol. 1, for their instrument at the registration table.
- Scale sheets are not allowed in rooms. Middle School audition music will NOT be provided in the rooms, but high school music will.
- Woodwinds & Brass students:
- Room #1 perform scales and the Technical Etude (middle school students are limited to 4 minutes on scales). Note: Students will not perform the exercise nor proceed to Room #2, if they do not pass the scale requirements.
- Room #2 perform the Lyrical Etude and Sight Reading.
- Percussion students:
- Room #1 perform mallet scales (middle school students are limited to 4 minutes on scales). Note: Students will not perform the exercise nor proceed to Room #2, if they do not pass the scale requirements.
- Room #2 perform the Mallet Etude, Mallet Sight-Reading and Timpani Etude.
- Room #3 perform Snare Rudiments, Snare Etude and Snare Sight-Reading,
- No talking allowed in the audition room.
Location and Parking
Sparkman High School
2616 Jeff Road
Harvest, AL 35749
- CLICK HERE for a printable version of maps and driving directions.
- All visitors should enter the school parking lot from Jeff Road
- Sparkman High School releases school at 3:30pm each day. Traffic can be very heavy until 3:50pm.
- Students and parents should park in the back parking lot and enter the school through “Entrance #2” (see maps below)
- Directors should park in the front parking lot and enter the school through “Entrance #1” (see maps below)
- Visitors should observe posted signs and stay only in designated areas of the campus. (Cafeteria and Audition Rooms)
- Do not enter the school through the gymnasium area.
- Students and parents should not enter the hospitality room.