March 30, 2019, Solo & Ensemble Parent and Student Information
Meridianville Middle School
12975 US-231, Hazel Green, AL 35750
- Students and parents should park in the front parking lot or the back parking lot of the church next door.
- Students should plan on warming up in the gymnasium 30 minutes before their first scheduled time. Music stands will not be provided in the warmup area. No food or drinks allowed in the gymnasium.
- Students should be in line at the assigned judge’s door 10 minutes before scheduled time. Students should be prepared to go early if there are cancellations before the scheduled time.
- Anyone standing in the hallway to the judges rooms must remain quiet.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the judge’s room or speak to the judges about their child’s performance.
- Students should take the following into the judge’s room: instrument (no cases), music for performance, copy of music with the measures numbered to hand to the judge and adjudication sheet to hand judge. Note Sheet Colors: White – brass and woodwind ensemble, Yellow- brass and woodwind solo, and Green – percussion solo and ensemble. Sheets should be completely filled out prior to entering the judge’s room. A photocopier will not be available at the site. Students should have copies of music when arriving for the event.
- After performing, students should exit the room and leave the sheets handed to the judge. Write the name of the school on the copy of the music, if you want it returned to you.
- The cafeteria will have concessions available for purchase and room for parents to wait. Food is only allowed in the cafeteria.
- The adjudication sheets are released to the band director after all events for the school have been completed. Students should check with their band director for the results.
- An instrument repairman will not be provided. Students should check with their band director if there is an instrument problem.
- Percussion equipment provided in Judge #1’s room: bells, xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, chimes, concert band drum, and 4 tympani. Students must bring their own mallets and sticks.
Total Page Visits: 3256 - Today Page Visits: 2