Welcome, directors and students! This page contains information concerning the 2020 District One All-State and Honor Band auditions that will be held at Sparkman High School on January 24-25, 2020. The results will be posted as they are processed.
Note: Links below will not go live until January 24, 2020.
- All students should check in at least 1 hour prior to their audition time and be at their audition room 15 minutes early. Students should monitor the progress of the audition rooms and be prepared to audition earlier than their scheduled time. A student’s time is only an ESTIMATE for when the audition will take place.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST DECLARE IF THEY ARE AUDITIONING FOR ALL-STATE AND/OR HONOR BAND AT THE REGISTRATION TABLE. (CLICK HERE to see the sign-in form)
- Registration will begin at 4pm on Friday and 8am on Saturday (no earlier). All students (except percussion) are required to show their copy of the etude book for their instrument at the registration table.
- Only auditioning students will be allowed in the audition rooms and hallways. Parents and family must remain in the Warm-Up area and Lobby.
- No recording (audio or video) is allowed in the audition rooms or hallways.
- Scale sheets are not allowed in rooms. Audition music will not be provided for students in the rooms.
- Woodwinds & Brass students:
- Room #1 – Perform scales and the Technical (HST/MST) Etude. (Middle school students are limited to 4 minutes on scales). Note: Students will not perform the exercise nor proceed to Room #2 if they do not pass the scale requirements.
- Room #2 – Perform the Lyrical Etude (HSL/MSL) and Sight Reading.
- Percussion students:
- Room #1 – Perform mallet scales. (Middle school students are limited to 4 minutes on scales). Note: Students will not perform the exercise nor proceed to Room #2 if they do not pass the scale requirements.
- Room #2 – Perform the Mallet Etude, Mallet Sight-Reading and Timpani Etude.
- Room #3 – Perform Snare Rudiments, Snare Etude and Snare Sight-Reading,
- No talking allowed in the audition room.
Location and Parking
Sparkman High School
2616 Jeff Road
Harvest, AL 35749
- CLICK HERE for a printable version of maps and driving directions.
- All visitors should enter the school parking lot from Jeff Road.
- Sparkman High School releases school at 3:30pm each day. Traffic can be very heavy until 3:50pm.
- Students and parents should park in the back parking lot and enter the school through “Entrance #2.” (See maps below)
- Directors should park in the front parking lot and enter the school through “Entrance #1.” (See maps below)
- Visitors should observe posted signs and stay only in designated areas of the campus. (Cafeteria and Audition Rooms)
- Do not enter the school through the gymnasium area.
- Students and parents should not enter the hospitality room.
- Only auditioning students are allowed in the audition rooms and hallways.
WARNING: Sparkman High School is under a tremendous amount of construction. Ford Chapel Road will be closed; therefore, all incoming traffic must enter the front of the school from Jeff Road.